An old poem by William Ross Wallace that praises motherhood as the foremost force for change in the world is correctly titled “the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world”.
There are not just one or two roles that are played by moms. She is a friend, a mentor, our first teacher, our personal occasional chef, and the driver too. She’s your greatest cheerleader. She is that one person who takes away your pain by her love- that one person who is ready to fight the world for you.
Mother’s day is that one day of the year where you celebrate the woman that raised you to be the person you are today. From the smallest of things like making your lunch every morning to being your best friend when you thought nobody would even understand, your mother has always been there.
It is so important to express your gratitude to her. Given below are some of the heart-warming messages to thank your mother and mother figures in your life, to help you with it.
Wishes to those who are a Single Mom
It’s no wonder how difficult the job of a mother is. But then when it comes to single moms, the responsibilities and works just get doubled up. She plays the role of not just a mother, but also a father.
Single-handedly does this woman goes about doing the daily chores managing house, children, and finances all at once. Here are certain short messages to express your love and gratitude to these gems.
- It takes a really strong and brave person to be a single parent and take on two roles, and oh mom, I have never seen a person who would do it as gracefully and marvelously as you do! I love you so much. I wish you a very Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.
- I used to hear that it’s so difficult to grow up without a father. But with you in my life, always by my side, it has been a hell lot easier. I am so grateful for every step that you have taken and every sacrifice that you’ve made for my well-being. Happy Mother’s day mum.
- I know that life is two times more difficult when it comes to single mothers. But when it comes to the super mommies like you, even the life ends up surrendering, simply because you refuse to Happy mother’s day mommy.
- Mom, you truly are nothing less than an inspiration for all the women out there. The way you have brought us up single-handedly isn’t an easy task to perform. I hold such pride in being your child!!! A very happy mother’s day mom.
- When you are a mother who needs to play the role of a father too, your responsibilities increase threefold, and you have to think three more times before making any decision. And you have played the roles of both father and the mother at the same time with such efficiency! I love you. Happy Mother’s day!!!
- Having a person like you as a mother is nothing less than a blessing. You have been the best mother and such a wonderful father!!! You have played the role of both creator and savior at the same time, and with such efficiency!! It’s a dream of mine to be at least half as capable a person as you are… I love you Ma! Thank you so much for being my mom. I wish you a very very happy Mother’s day!!!
- The unconditional love that you have for us makes you capable of easily handling things that would otherwise have been simply out of question. Thank you for being in my life! Happy mother’s day
- All I wanna say is that you are the world’s best mom. And the virtues of yours which make you such is your strong determination towards your responsibilities and this love that you have for us. Happy mother’s day mum!!! Loads of love <3
- It is said that the journey of parenting is smooth with two parents. But they would never understand that the way you have taken up this challenge of bringing me up all on your own, and the way you have made sure that you excel in every part of it, you have made yourself a role model for me. I could see and feel every effort of yours and every pain you went through, just to make sure that you could give me the best that was possible by you. I am so grateful that I have you as my mother. Happy Mother’s day!!!
- I hope you realize just how very significant you are in this world. And when I say this, it’s not merely as a mother, but also as a lady who has always tried so so hard to be kind-hearted, caring, and loving. You’re an independent, respectful woman who knows perfectly how to handle even the most difficult situations in the world. It’s you who has taught me to never give up and it’s you who has shaped me to be what I am today. I adore you and am so glad I have you as my mother. Happy mother’s day Mom!
Wishes to those who aren’t Single Mom
- A very happy mother’s day mom!!! Right from the very beginning, you were there to raise me and take care of me, prayed for me, used to get worried over little things which were concerned with me, guided me and supported me throughout my life. Thank you so so much mom, for being there by my side every minute of every day to help me get going.
- You have taught me so much by mere gestures of yours. Things that nobody could make me understand used to be put into my sense by you. You always knew just the right things to say and just the right things to do. So thank you for all of those. Happy mother’s day
- Hey mum! On this mother’s day, I just wanted to remind you how proud of you I am. There’s nothing in you which I do not take pride in. I thank heaven every day for making you, my mom. I don’t know what would have become of me without you by my side. Happy Mother’s day Mum! I love you!
- Mom, I am so thankful to you for all you have gone through, for my sake. I am sorry for all that I made you go through, and thank you for being there by my side and not giving up on me when everyone else had lost their hopes on me. It was you and your sacrifice and support alone, that made me what I am today. I love you, mom; I really do. Happy Mother’s day!
- A very happy mother’s day to my first love. I have no idea where I would be, had you not been in my life. The sole credit of all my successes goes to you and only you, mom. <3
- Many many happy returns of the day mom… I know I don’t say this enough, but to be honest, I really appreciate all that you do for us all day, 365 days of the year. A very happy Mother’s day mom. I love you and would always love you the most in this world.
- Thank you so much mom, for taking care of me and showering me with your love and affection, even when you already had your hands full, taking care of the rest of the family and your job. You always managed to take out time for me from the busiest of your schedules. Thank you for being in my life. Happy Mother’s day.
- Any number of hugs, kisses, “love you”, “thank you” and “happy mother’s day” wishes won’t suffice for what you have done for me. It is you who have moulded me into the person I am today. It is you who has given me the values and virtues that I possess today. I love you, mom. Happy mother’s day!
Wishes to your Stepmom
Step mothers don’t have the best reputation in today’s society. Even the Disney movies don’t fail from portraying stepmothers as ‘evil villain’. But when it comes to reality, stepmothers aren’t evil mostly.
In fact, they love us and try to be there for us at the same time maintaining a balance where they don’t “tend” to replace you biological mothers. It’s not an easy task for even the most confident woman out there.
She is bound to be intimidated by the mere thought of meeting and mingling with a family with children who have already developed their own way of life and routine.
They really take that ‘extra step’ just to bring to their step children’s lives, the love, care, and support that any mother would do for her own child. And since they do so much, it’s important that we show it to her that her efforts are being recognized and assure her that she is doing just fine. Here are some messages which might help you do this.
- We might not be related in the most traditional way, but you are a living example that proves that parenthood doesn’t require you to be related by blood. What is actually needed is “love”, which you have showered on me unconditionally. Happy mother’s day!
- I’m so grateful to you for coming in my life. With you, I have yet another parent to rely on, yet another mother to be spoilt by, yet another friend to share every bit of my life! Happy Mother’s Day.
- You have tried so hard and done so much to make us feel at home with you and you have gone above and beyond to make us feel that we are loved; despite all circumstances. After whatever you have done for us, in no way are you anywhere less than my birth mother. I love you. Happy Mother’s day!
- It is said that we need to take various steps to move towards success in our lives. You are one such step of my life, which I am especially proud of taking. I know it hasn’t been easy for you to come in a brand new family that had its own tempo and adjust in it. Just know that we are so proud of you for trying to fit in! A very happy mother’s day.
- A stepmom like you deserves all the beautiful things in life. You came in my life by marrying my father, but the bond we share is nothing less than what we would have shared, had you given birth to me. I love you. Happy mother’s day.
- You came in my dad’s life during his lows, and since then, have always been by his side no matter what. You have made his life so much better just by existing. But the best part is, you haven’t just made his life better, you have had a special touch in my life too. On this occasion of mother’s day, I just want to tell you that I will always be by your side and support you, just like you have been by the side of my father. Thank you for making his life so much better. Happy Mother’s day.
- You didn’t give me the gift of life, I agree, but yes, life did give me a gift as beautiful as you. You never treated me as if a were a stepchild. I remember how you used to address me as an ‘extra blessing’. I can never show you how grateful I am to have you in my life. You are such a wonderful woman with such a big heart. Thank you for coming into our lives. Happy mother’s day.
- Thank you so much for turning our house into this warm “home”. May you have a wonderful mother’s day. Just know that I think about you, and I am there for you.
- On this mother’s day I want to thank you for coming in our lives. You have been a really good friend and a great step mother to me. You have been there by my side just like any mother would have. Thank you! Thank you for all that you have done over these years. I hope you have a Mother’s day as adorable as yourself.
Wishes to your Grandmom
There’s a reason why these women are called ‘grandmothers’. From bringing your mother into the world, to helping her take care of you, your grandmother has played a really important role in your life.
She used to tell you bed time stories when you were little and has been baking yummy cookies for you since as long as you can remember. The least you can do is thank her for all that the love she bestows upon you.
- You mean so much more to all of us than you can ever imagine. You’re so special to us and we all love you so much! Happy mother’s day Gramms
- Nana, I couldn’t even imagine where I would have been without your significant presence in my life. You’ve taught me to sing, to ride a bike, and to do thousands of other things. Thank you for every single thing and I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s day!
- God has blessed me with you as my grandmother, the woman from whom I have so much to learn from, and there’s so much in you to love, admire, respect, appreciate and follow. Thank you for being such an adorable grandmother. Love you loads. Happy mother’s day!
- You have made such a major difference in the lives of all of us. Your presence has always helped us acquire greater wisdom. You have always been there to shower us with your unconditional love and blessings. Every single moment that is spent with you is cherished. You fill our lives with such warmth! We all are so glad to have you in our lives. We love you so much! Happy mother’s day grandma.
- I know that time has passed and we have grown up, but we can never forget all those bedtime stories, cookies, jelly, and jams that you used to shower upon us all through our childhood. Thank you for being such an amazing grandma. Happy mother’s day!!!
- Hey gramms, wish you a very happy mother’s day. Thank you for spoiling me with all your love and affection. I remember how you used to sneak me out of the house to take me to my favourite ice-cream parlour. You are the world’s best grandma. I love you so much! Thank you making my life all the more beautiful by your presence.
Wishes to a Mother-in-Law
Its only apt to pay respect to the woman who gave birth to the love of your life and framed him to be that admirable person he is today. the mere fact that your spouse has turned out to be such an amazing person that you ended up marrying him, proves that she did a whole lot of things in the right manner.
Moreover, she took an extra step towards you too by making you feel welcomed in the family and by taking care of your children and being there by your side and by the side of your kids.
The least you could do to show your love and respect for her is by sending these greetings of mother’s day.
But then again, what to write to her? How to frame sentences to wish her??
To help you with it, we have put together a few ideas:
- To the world’s most terrific mother-in-law, wish you a very happy mother’s day. The world would have been a million times better, had everyone had someone like you as their mother-in-law. You are such a compassionate, selfless, and loving woman! You have made life so much easier by being the way you are. Thank you for being such an amazing mother-in-law.
- No matter how much I thank you, it would still not be enough. It’s because of whom I have such an amazing person as my husband/wife. You raised him/her to be such an amazing person, filled with affection and care for all. He/she is such a beautiful and adorably intelligent person. I am so glad to have him/her, and I can never thank you enough for giving birth to him/her and moulding him/her to be the person he/she is today. I wish you a very Happy Mother’s day!
- I couldn’t have imagined even in my wildest of dreams to join such an amazing and loving family as this one. I want to thank you for that. You have been an amazing mother, mother-in-law, and grandmum. We all love you! Happy mother’s day!!!
- It seems like I’m the luckiest daughter-in-law in this entire world because I have such a badass woman like you as my mother-in-law. I love you so much and am so grateful to have you in my life. You are such a wonderful woman. You are nothing less than a role model to me!!! I hope you have a mother’s day as wonderful as you are!!
- It’s such a treat to watch you with our kids! Thank you for being such a great grandmother. Happy mother’s day!
- Let’s cut the in-law out of it. You are my MOTHER and can in no case be anything less than that!!! I love you Mom! Happy mother’s day.
- I am so glad that I have such a strong, independent, gracious, and adorable woman as my mother-in-law. You have been such a role model for us as well as for our kids. I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s day!!
- By marrying your son, I didn’t just get a wonderful man but also got a tenfold amazing woman as my mother-in-law. Thank you for being in my life. Happy Mother’s day!
- What is life without complaining about your mother-in-law! Here’s my complaint against you. You didn’t come to my life sooner, and I am so mad at you for this!!! Happy mother’s day, “Mom”
No matter what you decide to write on the mother’s day cards at the end of the day, one thing that is bound to happen is that these wonderful ladies out there who have had their share in shaping your life into what it is today; are going to be so touched be the thought that you have been thinking of them and are so much in love with them.
These greetings aren’t just something which “have to be done”. These are small gestures from you which reminds them how much you love them and adore them; how much you care about them; and how grateful you are to god for sending such amazing women in your life.