Every day we tend to meet new people in both our personal as well as professional spheres. It requires a skill to interact with new people confidently and build a rapport with them.
When we meet a new colleague, client, or any person for the first time, it is important to strike a conversation and at the same time show your interest in the conversation. It helps you to connect to people better.
To know someone you have newly met, you can ask questions that relate to them and their experiences in their lives. Try asking questions that are casual yet interesting.
The best possible way to know someone you have newly met is to ask them about their likes and dislikes. In response, you can answer the same questions as well. In this way, you both can get to know each other better.
You can also ask to follow up questions. This shows your interest and curiosity in knowing the other person.
Let the questions naturally lead to a conversation.
Below listed are the 50 interesting questions you can ask to know someone who you have newly met.
- “Where do you live?”
- “How many of you are there in your family?”
- “Do you have a pet?”
- “What is your profession?”
- “Are you happy with your job?”
- “Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?”
- “What do you usually do on weekends?”
- “What do you do in your free time?”
- “Do you watch any web shows?”
- “What is your favorite genre in web series/ movies?”
- “What is your dream destination?”
- “Do you prefer beaches or mountains?”
- “Whom are you closest to in your life?”
- “Do you know how to play any instrument?
- “What is your birth date?”
- “What is the most interesting and beautiful place you have ever been to?”
- “Which is your favorite music band?”
- “What is your favorite cuisine?”
- “Do you know to play any musical instrument?”
- “Do you like watching sports? If yes, then which sport is your favorite?”
- “What is that one thing that you never want to repeat in your life?”
- “What is the weirdest thing you have come across?”
- “What is that one thing that motivates you to do better?”
- “What is the most important rule of your life that you never break?”
- “What is the thing that annoys you the most?”
- “What was your favorite subject in high school?”
- “What is that one thing you wish to change about yourself?”
- “What is the best compliment you have ever received?”
- “Which is your favorite color?”
- “Do you like reading books? If yes, which is your favorite author?”
- “What do you miss the most about your childhood?”
- “What is that thing without which you can’t imagine your life?”
- “What did you want to be when you were a kid?”
- “Are you more of an introvert or extrovert?”
- “What is your most prized possession to date?”
- “What is your biggest supernatural or paranormal fear?”
- “What is the best piece of advice you have been given? And who gave you that?”
- “What place does friendship hold in your life?”
- “What is your lucky number?”
- “Whom are you closest to?”
- “How would your friends describe you?”
- “Are you active on social networking sites?”
- “Do you know how to swim?”
- “What are the 3 things you can’t leave without your house?”
- “What is the thing that you notice the first in a person?”
- “What skill do you wish to master?”
- “What is your biggest strength?”
- “Which is your current favorite song?”
- “What makes you the happiest?”
- “Who is your best friend?”
We all face situations where we meet a new person. It is better to be confident and not make the situation awkward. This can be achieved by starting a conversation.
Remember not to ask too personal questions in the first meeting. This might not go well with the other person. Keep the questions casual.
The questions above are not too personal and are interesting. You can use them to know an acquaintance better and form a connection.
Above is a list of 50 interesting questions to ask someone you have met newly.
In case there are still any doubts or an issue with questions to ask someone you have met newly, please do let us know in the comments section below.